Whether you're trying to keep out animals or simply want to add a decorative touch to your yard, there are many different types of residential fencing in Calgary available to meet your needs. Before making your decision, you'll need to consider your budget, the type of fencing you want, and any homeowner's association rules.
If you are planning an outdoor fence and gate installation in Calgary, you should have a concrete idea of what kind of fence you need. Listed below are some of the most common types of fencing and their uses.
- Wood fencing in Calgary is commonly found on front and backyard borders and side boundaries. Although they're not the best choice for security, they are great for privacy and are often used to keep children contained and as dog fencing in Calgary. Cedar, redwood, and pine are all common types of wood used for fences. Redwood is expensive but is resistant to water and insects. Cedar fences are also durable but will need to be treated to resist moisture damage.
- Vinyl fencing services in Calgary are a great option for you if security is the top priority. Vinyl is easy to clean and doesn't attract insects or other damage, making it a great choice for many applications. It is generally easy to install, but the downside to vinyl fencing in Calgary is that it can become warped over time.
- Composite fencing in Calgary is another elegant way to fence in an area. It resembles a wooden fence but requires much less maintenance. Plastic fencing in Calgary can be a cheaper counterpart to composite.
- Wrought iron fencing in Calgary is a traditional option and quite expensive and difficult to install. Ornamental wrought iron fence is often used to contain expensive real estate or for decorative purposes.
- Metal fencing in Calgary. There are a few types of it. In fact, Calgary chain link fencing is much stronger than its aluminum fencing in Calgary counterparts, so you can count on them to last for years. Chain link fence installation in Calgary is greatly simplified because it stretches and bends well. It values for its structural integrity and flexibility and can be used in both agricultural and garden fencing in Calgary.
- Wire fencing in Calgary is a popular type of protective fencing. Electric fences are designed to give shocks to anyone who touches them. These are typically used in industrial and commercial fencing in Calgary.
You can also choose between different types of panels and post fence post installation options in Calgary to suit your needs. Once you make your decision, you can talk to potential fence contractors.
Hiring fencing contractors in Calgary
You should do some research before hiring a fencing contractor in Calgary. There are many online resources you can use to research fencing services in Calgary. Local reviewers and social media are excellent resources for start. Or you can go directly to the Fee4Bee to find it all on the one platform. On the fee4Bee you will see the ratings and rates of Calgary fencing contractors. You can view the comments of other customers and check if there were any complaints about them. This will allow you to compare different companies with each other.
- Ask about their experience and expertise. A fence company should be able to calculate the windage of the fence as well as the frequency and depth of the fence posts
- If you are not sure about the choice of materials ask your contractor to explain the differences between pressure-treated wood and vinyl fencing in Calgary and their prices.
- When contacting a fencing contractor, make sure to ask about their warranty policies. You don't want to be stuck with an expensive fence that does not work properly after the project is complete.
- It is also important to check the references of the fencing company in Calgary. The more you know, the more prepared you will be if you are faced with unforeseen circumstances.
- You'll also need to make sure you choose a fence contractor who's licensed and bonded. It is important to have a contract signed with them. A contract should outline the scope of the project, the final cost, the timeline and who is responsible for what.
In addition to checking the boundary lines, make sure the fence won't violate Calgary fencing bylaws. If the fence doesn't follow these rules, you could find yourself paying fines and having to get the fence removed.
Calgary fence installation cost
Most of the cheap fencing in Calgary contractors will be able to provide you with quotes that are based on their past work. Contact a few of them and discuss your project details. Make sure to ask them about their experience, qualifications, and insurance.
In addition to evaluating the overall area to be fenced off, you should consider every turn of the fence, slope, and groundwater. All these factors will determine the number of fence posts installed and therefore will affect the cost of the project.