Air conditioner service in Edmonton
Many people living in Edmonton want air conditioners in their homes. However, the installation of AC in Edmonton may seem expensive. Homeowners should understand that the warranty for the unit is only valid if a licensed AC unit installer does it. Therefore, if you want to keep the warranty, steer clear of the DIY project and consider hiring an Edmonton air conditioner service.
AC installation process
If you are looking for a company that can install an air conditioner in Edmonton then there are a few things you need to consider.
Edmonton AC installation consists of two parts. Base preparation includes laying strobes for air ducts and drainage. This is a rough stage of work at which you decide what type of AC system you will have, and where they will be located. Then after all finishing works are done the AC unit is installed in Edmonton.
The final AC installation in Edmonton begins with the attaching outdoor unit using a bracket. The outdoor unit is the part of the air conditioning system that needs warm outdoor air to provide cool indoor air. Then the local AC installer will connect the outdoor unit to the indoor unit. The detailed process of new air conditioner installation in Edmonton depends on the type of AC system you choose.
Air conditioning systems types
As this is the deciding factor for the amount you will spend on the unit and hiring professionals to do the job, you should get all the details about air conditioning types. The most common of them are:
- Window air conditioner. An AC unit is installed on the window so that the part that sucks in air sticks out and the part that gives out cooled air is inside. After window air conditioner installation in Edmonton, make sure that the air gap between the window panes is properly insulated.
- In-wall air conditioner. Before starting your in-wall air conditioner installation, you need to locate the right place on the wall. Choosing a wall for a through-wall air conditioner installation, check its thickness. It should be a wall that separates two indoor rooms. Avoid placing the AC unit directly against the concrete wall, as this may cause moisture problems.
- Portable air conditioner. If you're in need of a cooling system for your home, you can buy a portable air conditioner. These units are a convenient alternative to window-mounted AC. They are easy to install, don't require holes in walls, and can be moved from room to room as needed. Portable air conditioners cool the warm air in the room and exhaust hot air through an exhaust hose. Installation of a portable air conditioner requires it to be vented through a window.
- Mini split air conditioner. The truth is, a ductless mini split air conditioner installation easier than you think! The basic steps are the same as installing any other type of air conditioning system. First, determine where you plan to install your air conditioner. The primary factor in determining the scope of the project is the size of the unit. Depending on the size of the house, a one-zone mini split is a good option. Then you should hire a contractor to install it.
- Central air conditioner. Getting a central air conditioner installed will keep your entire home or building cool and comfortable. These systems are much more convenient than other air conditioning methods. However, it is a big deal that includes connecting the AC to the ducts, turning it into a complete system.
How to hire an AC installer service?
It is best if you do a little bit of research before you buy anything so that you do not end up paying more for the same service. Browse the internet on “ACinstallers near me” to find some information and average costs. Then you may go to the Fee4Bee marketplace to explore all the contractors available in your area. On the website, you may ask professionals any questions to find the one that suit you best:
- You should find out the total estimated AC installation in Edmonton cost before you start a project. This will also help you decide whether contractors are charging you reasonably or not.
- Schedule an Edmonton AC service at the right time of year. Air conditioning installers are often busier during the early summer than in the fall season.
- To get the best AC installation cost in Edmonton, contact a few contractors on Fee4Bee and ask about their pricing.
- Hire a contractor who is certified and has plenty of experience. A certification proves that they have received the necessary training and are knowledgeable about installing HVAC systems.
- Make sure an Edmonton air conditioner installation contractor also has liability insurance.
- Ask them about the estimated time period of the project.
How to maintain an air conditioner?
If you want the AC unit to work properly you should not neglect air conditioner maintenance in Edmonton. The main advantage of timely wall air conditioner maintenance is that it allows the unit to clean the air and consume less energy. It also prolongs its lifespan. There are a few important steps you need to take:
- One of the most important things to do is clean the AC filters, which can be done DIY once in a month. Regularly changing the air filter is another way to keep the unit running smoothly. Dirty filters make the system work harder.
- The coils should be cleaned by the AC maintenance in Edmonton contractor, usually at the start of the summer. No matter what brand you own, you need to clean the coils every year.
- To remove debris from the condenser, a technician will first remove the fan cage and clean the interior and exterior using a wet/dry vacuum.
During servicing, the technician will inspect and clean all parts. They'll also check the refrigerant levels, check the thermostat, and observe the system's function through its cycle. A trained technician will also recommend repairs based on their findings.
Air conditioner repair in Edmonton
The number one reason for AC repair in Edmonton calls is the lack of proper preventative maintenance. However, there are certain circumstances that require emergency AC services in Edmonton. If your AC has stopped cooling, makes unusual sounds, smokes or sparks, you should urgently turn it off and call an Edmonton air conditioner repair technician. These tasks are vital to the efficiency, safety, and reliability of your heating and cooling equipment. It's important to have a professional perform an Edmonton ac repair or detail replacement to keep your system in peak working order.