How to assemble a desk for home or office?
Most often, the companies that supply you with desks and other furniture offer assembly services. Sometimes assembling is included in the furniture price, but more often it is booked separately. You will not refuse handyman services if it is offered by a company supplier. But you will definitely need such desk assembly help when you move.
Desk installation service types
According to the type of assembly, desks are divided into assemble desk without tools, and those that require special tools and skills for assembly.
- No tools assembly desk. As a rule, these are fairly simple objects that only require screwing the legs onto ready-made screws. You need to consider the width of the doorways if you are planning to purchase an already assembled desk.
- Desks that require desk assembly service. You can argue that with large options of furniture, you can order no assembly required desk, but you don't have to limit yourself to purchasing small desk assembled. Sometimes an interior design or your own preferences make you think about building the ultimate computer desk. And it can be completely unpleasant to find that the metal desk keyboard shelf assembly fails.
If you decide to do assemble yourself desks, at least you will need the following tools:
- Wrenches of different sizes;
- A hammer.
Further, we will consider not only desks that require professional assembly but also those that are conventionally called self-assembly desk. They usually come to you with a set of self assemble hardware for shelving and desks. But you may well know how confusing desk assembly instructions can be.
What desks assembly a contractor can help you with?
If you want your hardware to stand on a stable desk, then perhaps you should consider hiring an assembler who will quickly and efficiently do the job for you. There are several modulations that can hardly be called an easy to assemble desk. Most often new owners turn to a specialist for help in assembling the following items:
- Big office desk assembly. Free office space is a very important part of a healthy work process, especially when you have multiple employees. Modern shaped desks are perfect for all individuals, these come in many different sizes. And most likely, the office desk will come to you complete with office desk assembly instructions. The problem is that your employees' time is valuable enough to be spent assembling furniture. It is much more profitable in such cases to invite a handyman who is ready to assemble office desks quickly and reliably and you will not waste your resources in vain.
- Standing desk assembly. Many people who spend a lot of time at work have already heard about the benefits of uplift desks. They allow you to change the height of the desk, and at the same time the position of the body without breaking away from the work process. Standing desks are best for small rooms, as they are compact and easy to organize. The only inconvenience that will remain for you after purchasing it is the assemble the sit-stand desk. A complex process of uplift desk assembly requires an understanding of its principles.
- Computer desk assembly. The installation of drawers and the placement of shelves can be quite a difficult task. You will have to choose the right fit for all the connecting fittings. Moreover, it requires the use of special tools. Even for an experienced contractor, assemble an adjustable desk takes 40-90 minutes.
Hiring a contractor for desk assembly
It can seem like a simple task, but ergonomic desk assembly is a rather complicated process that requires taking into account a lot of details. Therefore, it is not recommended to build it yourself without the participation of professionals.
If you feel some issues in how to assemble computer desk you can try to search the Internet on “desk assemblers near me”. You will see the Fee4Bee website where a list of local performers is available.
Describe your task and you will find a good master who possesses all the required equipment. He can also recommend how to locate a fully assembled desk in the best way for your needs.
You rather put more trust in a contractor who has just finished assembling the desk for another customer and ready to start again with a familiar job.
Advantages of assembling desks
Most of the desks are made of wood and glass or lightweight metals. They also come in a variety of colors, including clear and frosted. Most of the assembled computer desks for home are more convenient than solid ones. They are easy to transport from one location to another since most of them can be folded flat and put into a case for easy transportation.
If you already spent your time finding a desk that meets your needs you might want it to serve you for years. if you also want than it looks nice, check into using a desk assembly company.