Cat sitting services - find reliable care for your cat
Cats are usually affectionate and playful creatures, they are loved by all family members. House cats usually do not go far from home. They like to stay in their territory which they know well. It is problematic to take them on vacation. Many people even worry about their pets if they spend at least a day alone.
To keep your cat from getting bored while you are at work and no one is at home, you may want to hire someone to look after it. Nowadays there are many options for how to take care of a cat:
- Сat feeding services - you order one or several cat visits during the day to feed the cat and give it clean water.
- In-home cat care, when your sitter come to your home for spending time with your pet, litter box cleaning and feeding;
- Long-term cat sitting duties include cleaning some areas of the house, playing, feeding, scooping after the cat, and in some cases walking and grooming.
- Cat boarding - If you do not want another person to have constant access to your house when you are on vacation, you can look for someone with whom you can leave your cat for a while. Then the animal will not yearn alone.
There are different types of cats and each of them needs a personalized cat sitting. Of course, you can leave precise instructions to your sitter, but it is better when the person you are hiring loves animals and understands cats well.
There are different breeds that require special pet cat care. For example, the Persian cats shed constantly, so they need to be combed out every day. Sphynx cats should not be in the sun, their skin needs moisturizing and weekly baths.
If we are talking about little kittens, then you cannot do without the help of a cat sitter for a kitten. Daily food visits are not something that matches them. Besides the fact that kittens need to be fed every 2 hours, they can get severe stress if left alone.
Where to find pet sitters for cats?
You may wonder “what to do if I need a cat sitter to take care of my cat”? When you go to cat care websites you will be amazed at how many people are out there offering cat sitting service. There are so many options that it can get confusing. Here are some tips to help you find a loving cat sitter for your pets. This is important because an irresponsible person can harm your pets.
If you want to find one of the top quality cat care services, there are several ways to go about doing this:
- The first way is to ask around. There are so many people having pets that you will definitely find friends who can recommend you their cat sitters. The main problem is that an experienced cat sitter in your area may be too busy to make more cat care commitments.
- The second one is to ask your veterinarian about their recommendations. Your vet rather has taken care of pets in the past that are like your cat and has plenty of experience. You will be able to talk to the people that the vet sees to get great catsitting services.
- The last tip that you can use is to go on the internet and browse “need someone to look after my cat”. You will see a lot of local websites that offer cat pet sitting. On the Fee4Bee you are able to find a background of the caring cat sitter and fair reviews of previous customers. Look for reviews of the sitter that you are interested in. You will be surprised at how many people have had good experiences with such services.
When you choose one or a few sitters to take care of a cat, meet them personally. You will be able to tell if they are professionals by the amount of work they put into making sure that you are satisfied with their services. If you feel comfortable with the cat pet sitter then you may want to give them a call and find out how they can watch your cats.
Cat sitting rates
To talk about the cost of care for a cat, you first need to identify the type of cat sitting services you are looking for. This is important because many times taking care of a cat can cost a lot of money.
Of course, an in-home cat sitting will always be cheaper than boarding a cat. Affordable cat care hardly sounds like play and exercise but rather like check up on it during the day. On average you can get the following cat sitting prices in Canada:
Cat feeding and litter box cleaning
CAD $10-18 per visit;
Cat house sitting
CAD $12-20 per hour (night sitings are more expensive);
Cat boarding services
CAD $30-40 per day
Add to this the cost of feeding and medications, if necessary, and you will get an approximate price for caring for a cat while you are away.
More accurate cat sitting cost will largely depend on the area you live in. If you search for “cat sitters near me” in different cities of Canada you will get different prices.
Finding a trusted cat sitter may take a long time. But when you find someone who is responsible for their cat care jobs, you can keep your pets without any doubts.